Whispering Winds has been hosting Family Camp weekends for families of all
faiths for the past 25 years, but this year they are dedicating a weekend for the
first time just to special needs families July 26-28, 2013.
Their camp is located about 45 minutes outside of San Diego, just 4 miles from
Their brand new Special Needs Family Camp will provide:
1. A trained 1:1 aide for each family for the weekend
2. 3 days and 2 nights deluxe lodging accommodations
3. 7 scrumptious meals (special diets can be accommodated)
4. Exciting age/ability-appropriate camp activities, crafts and
recreational opportunities for the special needs kids and their typical
5. Outstanding parent speakers focused on families living with
disability to include special needs education and trust attorneys; educators and
6. Swimming, horseback riding, ziplining, hiking and more for the
whole family to enjoy together
Cost is $46/person (age 3 and under are free) + either deluxe lodging ($440) or RV hookups ($225).
They have $250 campership vouchers from the Boys and Girls Club Foundation available as well as LOADS of other private financial aid as well. So, no one should hesitate enrolling based on financial hardship as thery can likely find funding to help you!
The website for this wonderful weekend is : http://www.whisperingwinds.org/www/?page_id=4308
Please share! This is an amazing resource and a wonderful opportunity for a family to get away together AND enjoy some extra help!
Onwards and upwards!