Over the last 4 years Cecily's Closet has completed the following:
- 49 room makeovers with 53 estimated to complete by mid-April
- Provided five hundred belly belly bands to children in need
- Recycled more than a couple hundred pieces of durable medical equipment to children in need of resources to help them achieve their goals
- And shared various donations with families in need - toys, books, and lots and lots of love and encouragement through our various book drives & adopt a family programs
Cecily's Closet has been recognized for our work in the community and within the last 12 months has won 4 awards! We are so honored and humbled by this attention. We don't seek out publicity but we've had our fair share of media attention, too.
- 4/26/13 - Recognized as a community champion by Molina Healthcare
- 5/29/13 - Recognized for excellence supporting students with special needs by North Coastal Consortium for Special Education (NCCSE) Community Advisory Committee
- 6/25/13 - Honored by the San Diego/Imperial Valley Chapter
of the Infant Developmental Association for our work helping children with special needs
- 2/7/14 - Awarded Channel 10 Leadership Award
And how is this all possible? Our AMAZING Volunteers! Cecily's Closet is truly the community's organization. We are comprised of people who believed in our vision and decided to come on board and help make that vision a reality. This wonderful group of women are the heart and soul of Cecily's Closet!
Thank you Emily, Julie D., Julie B, Christina, Beverly, Gina, Kate, Suzy, Nicole, Karla and Anita! Thank you to Teen Volunteers in Action (TVIA), countless Girl Scout Troops, Mattress Company Direct, The UPS Store, Cox Cares, Mission Bay Women's Fund, Websense, Qualcomm, Emerson, San Diego Family Magazine, Dunn-Edwards Paint, Bassett Furniture and more! We can't believe we have 30+ business partners in the community who are willing to step up and help us meet our objectives and provide hope to families in need!
And thank you to Jon RayPaintGreen. PaintGreen has stood by our side from day one and they have graciously once again donated their time and talent to provide a beautiful backdrop for every room we've ever asked him to help with! Who is that good or nice? Jon is!!!
And thank you to our team of wonderful artists with a special thank you to our repeat givers: Inside Emily Dolton's Head, Hannas Murals, Grace Ann Piano, Arielle and Sweet Delisa! You guys are always giving, giving, giving with your time and talent. We love you!
And thank you to our family for if it were not for them NONE of this would be possible. Thank you Grumpy Gramps and Grammy for swooping up the children in your caring and loving arms to let us leave our next to help others. And thank you to Anita for always going above and beyond and running our belly band program from a far! And thank you Brien for putting up with me... no small feat :) And thank you to our children for providing inspiration every day. Cecily's Closet is all about family. We are an organization for the community - supported by the community. We are so happy to be able to do what we're doing.
Thanks for believing! Let's see what we can do in 2014!